Sunday, May 30, 2010

Really the first

Really? A first blog?

Actually, the first time I wrote a blog was for MySpace back in '06. This is when we were all just kids, the internet was new, and gas only cost 37 cents a gallon. Originally I wrote it because the girl I liked and started dating was writing fairly routinely and I wanted to try it out (and use it as an excuse). Now I'm married to that girl, guess it worked out then. So here we are.

I often go on kicks, get really into one particular topic or skill intensely for a few weeks or months and then it fizzles out. Sometimes it's because I am always retaining random things, or maybe because I get inspired from reading someone else's experiences and think "I wanna do that!". Today, me and the wife stumbled upon a very funny site and her blog inspired me to get back into the writing thing. Kinda though, I want to be funny.

Tonight I signed up and it's late - we've got beach-going activities to do tomorrow so I have to get to bed. I didn't want to sign up and not write anything down, this is all you get. Take that Twitter and your 160 characters, I have more useless stuff to say than 160!

No comments:

Post a Comment