Sunday, May 30, 2010

Parking

Off to the beach today - seeing as it's a beautiful holiday weekend. It's going to be a zoo for sure and who knows what it will be like trying to find parking. Let's see, we could try and park on the side of the road and walk along the side while trying not to get run over, or, park in the big lot with everyone else and pay $15.

I actually think I might rather pay the money because by the time you drive around, sit in traffic, wait for people to cross the street or get out of the street so you can pass, turn around to drive back down the road to get that 'ok' spot only to find that someone as taken it, swear because there's too many people walking and driving in the area just because it's a holiday weekend, all while you've got all the people in the car are telling you the best option about parking - even possibly about the "secret parking spot we found last summer", and you just end up going back to the $15 parking lot only because someone else suggested it even though you wanted to do that in the first place.

I try to be good about my spelling and such, but I don't think that counts as a run on sentence, it just has lots of commas.

Also, since I have finished grad school and started my "real" career I have gained about 15 pounds. Hm, maybe I should put some money on the number 15. Or 1 and 5. Now last summer I was working out do to the impending wedding and honeymoon in Bermuda, so I was in relatively good shape. But, since August I haven't gone to the gym, and I think I have been trying to match my pregnant wife in calorie intake and that just makes me end up with a sketchy body image. Mind you, I am not on eating disorder level 3 or anything, I think it's more an end result of working full time, busy, getting ready for the baby, and turning 31.

Yes, these are all excuses.

But I can't complain, it's all good, and believe me it could always be worse. I know because I work with patients all the time that are in way worse shape. More on that later.

Well we're off to the beach to experience some of that parking fun I talked about earlier. I will not get sunburned today. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment